Summer is Right Around the Corner – Top 10 Things to Do RIGHT NOW
The weather is warm, the sun is shining and it’s been a long winter, which means we are eager to get outside! If you need some vitamin D and you’re also staying at the Ridge Tahoe, then check out a few of our recommendations for (almost) summer fun.
- Hit the beach: This past season’s historic precipitation filled the lake to its brim, which means now is the time to spend a day (or two) on its shores, lounging in its sands. Check out one of the nearby beaches for a wonderful day near the pristine waters of Lake Tahoe – or venture out to a secluded beach!
- Rock out: Rock climbing is one of Tahoe’s most exhilarating and challenging activities. Ease into it with a rock climbing class at the Ridge Tahoe. You’ll practice on natural rock so you’ll be prepared for the real thing in no time.
- See the sights: Hop aboard the S. Dixie II paddle wheeler for a cruise to the iconic Emerald Bay. Discount activity tickets are sold at the Ridge Market Place. Call 800-23-TAHOE to make your reservations.
- Learn something new: Did you know that the Ridge Tahoe offers an array of classes for guests? That’s right! This summer you can take up a new hobby like tennis or learn how to make cards, as well as using essential oils. Activities are regularly updated in the Ridge Guide.
- Map your skin: Summer means you’ll be showing more skin. Sign up for one of our Dermalogica skin care classes through the Elevation Spa to make sure it’s in the best shape. MicroZone skin mapping is now available so you know your skin’s specific needs.
- Watch a master chef: Our complimentary cooking demo with Chef Stephen happens every Thursday at 3 p.m. in the Castle Rock View Room. Watch Chef create a fabulous dish right before your eyes.
- Work up a sweat: Regardless if it’s outside or indoors, now is the time to get in fighting shape for the summer season! Our fitness center is equipped with everything you need to stay buff.
- Take a hike: The Tahoe Rim Trail is only moments from the Ridge Tahoe and you can easily access other trails in the basin. Some of our favorites include the Glen Alpine Trail and nearby Van Sickle Bi-State Park among others.
- Try a new food: With in-room kitchens, a vacation at the Ridge Tahoe is the ideal time to try out a new recipe. The Sierra Nevada is rich with fresh produce and a quick trip to the farms of El Dorado County or Carson Valley will yield a bounty of fruits and veggies!
- Relax a little: Dip your toes or go ahead and cannonball into one of our outdoor pools! This is the perfect time to take advantage of warm afternoons in the Sierra sun. Or if you’re in a mood for rejuvenation, we recommend heading to the Elevation Spa for a massage.