Lake Tahoe Summer To-Do List
Tahoe, where the lake sparkles sapphire blue against the Sierra and the sweet-scented pine trees whisper through the summer’s gentle breeze. Lake Tahoe is where the sun up to sun down adventurous spirit takes hold and never disappoints.
But what if it’s your first time visiting and you’re not sure what to do? Our summer to-do list will inspire. While you may not be able to do it all in one trip, you can certainly plan a return to The Ridge Tahoe and finish what you started.
- See Justin Timberlake get his groove going on the golf links during the American Century Championship.
- Enjoy Old Tahoe from the historic lakefront Heller Estate during the 36th annual Valhalla Arts, Music & Theatre Festival.
- Party with South Tahoe locals at Live at Lakeview, a free weekly concert series featuring a venue with amphitheater style seating and breathtaking views of Lake Tahoe at Lakeview Commons.
- Meet up with the Bard at iconic Sand Harbor State Park during the Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival July 10 – Aug. 23.
- Hit the beach, soak in the rays and take in the panoramic views at any number of hidden coves and public parks around Lake Tahoe.
- Get a passport to a world of classical music at Lake Tahoe SummerFest’s in Incline Village.
- Paddle a kayak or skim the waves behind a ski boat or Jet ski.
- Improve the odds and kiss the dice in one of the Stateline casinos.
- Reel in a monster Mackinaw on a fishing boat charter or find your secret spot off the shelf to catch some nice size trout.
- Tee it up and get 10 extra yards on your drive (higher altitude does that) at any number of Lake Tahoe area golf courses.
- Grab an energy bar, pack a water bottle or three and head out to a network of back-country hiking trails that will lead you to a happy place.
- Have a World Famous Rum Runner on the beach at the Beacon Bar and Grill at Camp Richardson.
- Find your balance and earn zen points on a standup paddle board.
- The adventure doesn’t end when the sun goes down. Dance the night away at one of Tahoe South’s nightclubs.
- Saddle up on two wheels and take a Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride or peddle your way across a network of biking trails that zig-zag through South Shore.
- Soar through the trees along a network of ropes courses and ziplines at Heavenly Mountain Resort.
- Enter or catch the parade at the South Tahoe Wooden Boat Classic featuring dozens of classic wooden boats on display at one of the largest gatherings of vessels in Northern California.
- See the West’s best sculpted bodies vie for cash prizes at the Tahoe Show.
- Pick a race and enter the Lake Tahoe Marathon, which offers a 5K or 10k, half marathon, 18-milers, 144 milers around the lake, or a four-day, 288 mile run.
- Put the pedals to pavement at the 13th Annual Tour de Tahoe – Bike Big Blue, a Ride to Cure Diabetes.
- Rock out or put on your hat and boots with a summer full of A-list concerts at Harveys Outdoor Arena, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa.
- Roar like a flapper in the 1920s at the annual Great Gatsby Festival at the Tallac Historic Site.
- Speaking of flappers, see where the rich and famous lived while at Lake Tahoe on a tour of the Pope House at the Tallac Historic Site.
- Sample the Sierra at the 6th annual farm-to-fork festival with pairings of Sierra Nevada wine makers, brewers and restaurants, regionally grown fresh produce, entertainment, storytellers and acoustic music.
- Miss the July 4 fireworks display? No worries. Book a stay at The Ridge Tahoe and catch the Labor Day Lake Tahoe fireworks show.
- Make the big throws and take the long putts at Lake Tahoe’s most challenging disc golf courses.
- Work up an appetite and satisfy your thirst at any number of South Shore restaurants and pubs.
- Show the folks at work how you spent your summer vacation by bringing a piece of Tahoe home with you with the perfect souvenir.
- Catch the boldest, bawdiest and hottest names in comedy every week at The Improv at Harveys.
- After a full day of adventure, work those muscles out at Elevation Spa at The Ridge Tahoe.
How many of these can you check off your to-do list?