Spring in the high Sierra opens a new chapter in recreation, activities and exploration. Here are the top 10 activities to enjoy on a weekend or midweek getaway to The Ridge Tahoe.
- Biking: Whether you like cruise along wide paths with other cyclists or soar down the side of a mountain on a single-track, Tahoe South is crossed with an extensive network of on and off road bicycle trails. You can also check with the staff of The Ridge Tahoe regarding bike rentals and organized rides planned during your stay. Download the Lake Tahoe Bike Trail Map. Produced by the Lake Tahoe Bicycle Coalition, this easy to use trail map is an excellent way to plan your Tahoe cycling adventure – whether it be on the road or on a single-track.
- Boating: Sure the water temperature isn’t quite what it is in the height of summer, but the thrill remains the same. Find that tranquil peace while paddling a kayak in a secret cove. There are several marinas around Tahoe South to find your ideal water craft for adventure on the water. You can rent a power boat, charter a sailboat or yacht or take a ride on a paddle wheeler. The Ridge Tahoe offers discounted tickets for sightseeing and dinner tours aboard the Tahoe Paradise and M.S. Dixie II.
- Gaming: Lake Tahoe is the place to be for Vegas-style gambling without the crowd. There are several casinos at South Shore worthy of dice kissing, including the new Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe, Harrah’s, Harveys and MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa. Do you feel lucky?
- Golf: Tahoe South and Carson Valley are home to some of the most spectacular golf course in the country. Regardless of where you play, whether the course snakes through a glacially etched valley, contours along Lake Tahoe itself, or is heavy with trees and traps, you’re in for 18-holes worth of challenge.
- Take a hike: Grab an energy bar, pack a water bottle or three and head out to a network of back-country trails that will lead you to a happy place. There are a number of trails close to The Ridge Tahoe, including at Heavenly Mountain Resort. You can also check with the staff of The Ridge Tahoe to see if there are any organized hikes planned during your stay.
- Visit a park: Tahoe South features parks adjacent to the water or in the middle of town. Take the kids, barbecue burgers and dogs and throw a frisbee.
- Go fish: With visibility to 75 feet below its surface, Lake Tahoe is home to more fish than you can shake a pole at, including the monster Mackinaw, which can run anywhere from 10 to 30 pounds.
- Nightlife: The adventure doesn’t end when the sun goes down. Tahoe South activities extend from daytime hours of sightseeing to its nightlife epicenter with star-studded entertainment, live music, lounge acts, 24-hour gaming and an active bar and social scene.
- Hit the beach: Sure, the water may be chilly, but who says you have to swim? There are plenty of public beaches within a few miles from The Ridge Tahoe. Soak in the rays as you take in the panoramic views of the towering mountain peaks that surround Lake Tahoe. Click on the link for an app that will send you to the beach you want to visit.
- Shopping: For those not interested in an afternoon of strenuous activities, take a leisurely stroll through the Heavenly Village and check out local shops and restaurants. You can find souvenirs, clothes, jewelry and candy to take home to friends and family or keep for yourself.
Do your spring travel plans include a stay at The Ridge Tahoe?