Ghosts, goblins, witches, monsters and mummies run amuck in Tahoe South this Halloween. Get in the spooky spirit a week early this year and keep it going through the holiday. Here are a some parties and celebrations you won’t want to miss.
- Tahoe Tot Spot is hosting its first Monster’s Ball for children four and younger. Bring your youngin for face painting, carnival-style games, a fun house tunnel, balloon maze, bobbing for apples, and Halloween treats. The fun starts at 4 p.m. and each child will receive a special trick or treat bag to take home.
- The 37th Annual Freaker’s Ball at MontBleu – This is the oldest, largest and most extravagant Halloween party. The fun kicks off at 8 p.m. The costumes are worth it on their own, but there’s also $10,000 in cash and prizes up for grabs in the costume contest. Pop-Fiction will be performing in the Theater, music will be at Blu and the Haunted Zone Party Pit, and Opal’s resident DJ will be spinning all night. This is one of the biggest Halloween celebrations on the West Coast. It’s worth it.
- Halloween Dance with the Tahoe Dance Band – This 17 piece band will be playing at the South Lake Tahoe Senior Center starting at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Oct. 30. The party is open to all ages and includes appetizers, wine and desserts. Prizes will be given out for funniest, most original, sexiest and scariest costume.
- Tahoe Best Friends is hosting a Howl’oween Party for dogs, kids and adults. Dress your whole family up (your pooch too) and come eat, drink and be scary at 1 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 31. There will be contests and prizes and the best part is, it’s free!
- Trick or Treat at the 13th Annual Treat Street, Saturday, Oct. 31 at 5 p.m. Lake Tahoe Community College and local businesses team up to provide a safe environment. There will be candy, hot cocoa, pizza, cotton candy, popcorn and s’mores for the whole family. An added bonus? A haunted house.
- If you’ve recovered from Freaker’s Ball and are ready for more Halloween fun, Opal Ultra Lounge inside MontBleu brings round two with their Exotic Halloween Bash. The exotic costume contest is offering $5,000 in prizes. As if that wasn’t reason enough to go, ladies drink free until midnight.
- New to the Tahoe South Halloween scene, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe is getting in on the fun with The Rocking Dead Halloween Bash & Costume Contest. The party starts at 9 p.m. and is in Vinyl. Cover Me Badd will be providing live music and there’s no cover if you come in a costume.
- Closing out the Halloween Celebrations is the Circus of Sin party at Peek Nightclub in Harrah’s Lake Tahoe. DJs Eric Dlux and Rick Gee will make sure everyone is in the spooky spirit.
What kind of scary fun will you get into this Halloween?