With two snowfalls already under its belt in October, Tahoe South is ready for winter to descend upon the Sierra Nevada and blanket the region in white. Winter is not only a wonderful time to experience the outdoors via snowboarding, skiing and snowshoeing, it’s also an ideal time to get married in the mountains with gorgeous year-round venues and breathtaking backdrops.
If you’re a fan of the colder weather, a winter wedding provides a range of benefits and opportunities for an unforgettable fête with your family and friends.
Benefits of a Winter Wedding
- Your wedding has a little bit of magic. From freshly fallen flurries to the magic in the air from the buzz of the holidays, wintertime nuptials have a certain je ne sais quoi that makes the event feel electric.
- Oh, the accessories! With chillier temps comes more clothing and accessory options. If you’re less of a strapless gown gal and more of a faux fur stole or cape, then a winter wedding should be considered to fulfill your sartorial wedding dreams. Not to mention you can add fun holiday-themed flourishes through your décor.
- Do you love hot cocoa and hot apple cider? While these would be out of place at a summer or spring wedding, they are an ideal beverage of choice for a winter wedding. Heartier meals are also a fitting option for dinner, so break out the comfort foods!
- Tahoe South is an ideal setting for a wedding regardless of the weather, but winter provides a unique perspective on the beloved Basin – and endless photo ops. Opt to throw snow in the air for a candid shot with the wedding party or pose among snowcapped trees with your beloved for unique photos you’ll cherish in any season.
- Tahoe South and The Ridge Tahoe are a great option for a honeymoon. Imagine the convenience of saying “I do” and settling into your honeymoon almost immediately afterwards. Take your sweetie for a couple of turns down the mountain, take a cruise to Emerald Bay on the year-round M.S. Dixie II and enjoy après ski options at a variety of restaurants for a taste of the local culinary scene.
The Ridge Tahoe is currently running a special for a winter wedding. If you’re ready to take the plunge, book with us! A Winter Castle Rock Ceremony and Reception includes a cocktail reception, a romantic lighted ceremony backdrop, a floral package and even more. Book by Nov. 24, 2016 to receive a choice of a two night stay in a one-bedroom suite or a complimentary champagne toast during the ceremony.
If you would like more information about winter weddings, call Blair Butler at (775) 588-3553, extension 3160 or email@example.com.