Celebrating its 30th anniversary, The Ridge Tahoe is known for its generous amenities, member packages and high caliber of professional associates. The 11-acre resort, nestled at 7,600-feet on the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe near South Shore is an all-seasons favorite destination for families, newlyweds, and outdoor enthusiasts. It is a long-standing choice for corporate retreats as well.
Here are 9 facts about The Ridge Tahoe as it celebrates 30 years at the top of Tahoe:
- Managed by Resorts West, the concept of Ridge Tahoe began from a single model in an office building. Today it has 22,000 owners/members.
- Over its 30 years, The Ridge Tahoe has incorporated a philosophy that makes its members and guests the No. 1 priority with desirable amenities and customer service. Its staff of 225 knows many of the guests personally since most have worked at The Ridge for years — over 20 percent of the staff has a minimum of 10 years experience.
- With its location and views, The Ridge Tahoe has long been a desirable venue for wedding ceremonies. The events include elaborate receptions, photography/videography, flowers, transportation, entertainment, wedding cakes, as well as lodging for the wedding party, families and guests.
- The Ridge Tahoe offers a magnificent backdrop to invigorate and provide fresh perspectives to any executive retreat, brain-storming and team-building gathering. The Ridge Tahoe Conference Center provides plenty of space including intimate classrooms, a theater, U-shaped speaking areas, reception and banquet rooms and offers a dedicated planning coordinator.
- In 2011 The Ridge Tahoe opened its Skier Express, a self-operated, gondola car that transports skiers from the Resort to Heavenly’s Stagecoach Chairlift. The eight-passenger funicular sits on a track and with the swipe of a room key, moves passengers down the slope in minutes.
- Built around the extensive outdoor recreation opportunities Lake Tahoe has to offer, the resort is also known for its expansive indoor recreation offerings. There’s a 45,000 square-foot clubhouse with an indoor sports complex, full spa, heated swimming pool, hot tubs, indoor tennis, racquetball and basketball courts and athletic instructors. Unique to the resort is its many organized activities designed to give something to do for everyone.
- The Ridge offers a 30-seat movie theater, kids’ arts and crafts center, games, arcades and in summer months miniature golf, putting green and playground.
- Dining is a major component during a vacation and The Ridge offers three restaurants to choose from – The Hungry Bear Restaurant, Ridge Club Deli and the Bear Trap Lounge. The Hungry Bear offers seasonal menus with true Sierra cuisine – simple food prepared perfectly with locally-fresh ingredients to complement the resort’s peaceful and homey vibe.
- First-time visitors can experience The Ridge with an introductory, three-night weekend for $169. In addition to a deluxe hotel room, first timers receive full privileges to the Private Resort Club, access to a complete service spa, and an opportunity to begin a lifetime of vacation memories with a 90-minute preview tour.